Red Sweet Corn Survey-2002 Report
This is a 2002 report from a NC Specialty Crops Program Project. It is posted for historical reference purposes.
Falling Creek Market and Raleigh Farmers Market
Marketing Specialist, NCDA & CS
How would you rate the flavor of this corn?
- Below average
How would you say this corn’s sweetness compared to other corns you have tried in the past?
- Better than
- The same as
- Not as good as
Would you buy this corn if available?
Comments About Red Corn (FC)
- The color is strange!
- The cob is softer than “normal” corn.
- It did cook in the microwave nicely.
- It would still hold the image of Indian Corn.
- Not as good as Silver Queen.
- Tasted just like Silver Queen. I prefer the white color.
- It was delicious! Did not put any butter on it, didn’t need it.
- This corn was delicious.
- Great corn.
- I’m prejudice against color.
- Could this corn be associated with lower intestinal irritation?
- Would buy if priced comparable to other sweet corn.
Comments About Red Corn (RFM)
- Very sweet, tender and moist.
- Loved the color. Pleasing to the eye.
- Would purchase today if available.
- When and where might it be marketed?
- There was an after taste, which we didn’t like.
- Liked the color – very festive.
- Color was not very appetizing.
- My favorite is Fantasia – this is as good.
- Stained various items (hands, plates).
- We loved it!
- It was fun serving this corn-enjoyed the color.
- The color is fantastic. You’ve got a winner! I can see this on upscale restaurant menus.
- The color would add a twist to a table setting.