Jeanine’s Recommended Book List
- The Growing Agritourism in Kansas: A Starter Manual for Farmers and Ranchers. Jane Eckert. 2004. 128 pages. Softcover. Kansas Dept. of Commerce and Kansas AG Innovation. http://www.eckertagrimarketing.com/pdf/Growing%20AgriTourism%20Brochure.pdf
- Specialty Cut Flowers. Allan M. Armitage. 1993. 372 pages, color photos and line drawings. Hardcover. Varsity Press/Timber Press, Portland, Oregon. http://www.timberpress.com
Herbs in General
- Growing Great Garlic. Ron L. Engeland. 1991. 228 pages, drawings. Softcover. Chelsea Green, Chelsea, Vermont.
- Herbs for Sale-Growing and Marketing Herbs, Herbal Products, and Herbal Know-How. Lee Sturdivant. 1994. 246 pages. Softcover. A Bootstrap Guide. San Juan Naturals, Friday Harbor, Washington. Available from Amazon or your library.
- The New Farmers Market. Vance Corum, Marcie Rosenzweig, and Eric Gibson. 2015. 296 pages, black and white photos. Softcover. New World Publishing, Placerville, California. https://www.sare.org/Learning-Center/Books/The-New-Farmers-Market
- Sell What Your Sow! Eric Gibson. 302 pages, line drawings. Softcover. New World Publishing, Placerville, California. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1203941.Sell_What_You_Sow_
- Growing and Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal and Other Woodland Medicinals. Jeanine M. Davis and W. Scott Persons and . 2014. This fully revised, updated and expanded book is packed full of practical information on cultivation of more than a dozen sought-after shade-loving medicinal herbs. It is available through all the major on-line booksellers and at many independent bookstores. For a copy autographed by the lead author you can order it here: http://www.ourtinyfarmnc.blogspot.com/
- Growing At-Risk Medicinal Herbs. Richo Cech. 2002. 314 pages, line drawings. Softcover. Horizon Herbs, Williams, Oregon. Available from Amazon or your library.
- Medicinal Herbs in the Garden, Field and Marketplace. Lee Sturdivant and Tim Blakley. 1999. 323 pages. Softcover. A Bootstrap Guide. San Juan Naturals, Friday Harbor, Washington. Available from Amazon or your library.
- Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms. Third Edition. Paul Stamets. 2000. 574 pages, color and black and white photos. Ten Speed Press, Berkeley, California. http://www.fungi.com/product-detail/product/growing-gourmet-medicinal-mushrooms.html
- The New Organic Grower. Eliot Coleman. 1989. 269 pages, drawings. Chelsea Green, Chelsea, Vermont.
Was the information on this page helpful?