Jeanine Marie Davis
Associate Professor and Extension Specialist
Department of Horticultural Science
The objective of my program is to increase the environmental and economic sustainability of agriculture by optimizing organic production systems and introducing and developing new crops.
- 20% research and 80% extension with emphasis on organic agriculture in western North Carolina, culinary and medicinal herbs, non-timber forest products, mushrooms, and specialty crops
- North Carolina Specialty Crops Program, manager of western activities
Program Support Personnel
- Margaret Bloomquist, Organic Broccoli, Medicinal Herb, and Eastern Broccoli Projects, Research Assistant.
- Kelly Gaskill, Hops and Stevia Projects, Research Assistant.
- Luping Qu, Ph.D., Organic Cucurbit Research Project and general program support, Research Specialist.
- Reuben Travis, general program support, Research Assistant.
- Lijing Zhou, Ph.D., Echinacea Research Project, websites design, and data analysis, Postdoc.
Our program is almost completely funded by grants and gifts. If you value this program, we would appreciate your financial support. To become a Friend of the NC Alternative Crops and Organics Program, you can donate on-line here or print out this form and mail it in with your check. Thank you for your support!