Jeanine Marie Davis
Associate Professor and Extension Specialist
Department of Horticultural Science
The objective of my program is to increase the environmental and economic sustainability of agriculture by optimizing organic production systems, increasing the sustainability of conventional vegetable production, and introducing and developing new crops.
- Research and extension with emphasis on organic agriculture in western North Carolina, culinary and medicinal herbs, non-timber forest products, truffles, hemp, and other new and emerging specialty crops
Program Support Personnel
- Margaret Bloomquist, Research Associate
- Leonora Stefanile, Research Assistant (part-time)
- Luping Qu, Ph.D., Research Specialist and Breeder
- Katie Learn, Research Assistant
Websites and Social Media
Our program is almost completely funded by grants and gifts. If you value this program, we would appreciate your financial support. To become a Friend of the NC Alternative Crops and Organics Program, you can donate online here or print out this form and mail it in with your check. Thank you for your support!